An Introduction and a Few Questions

Home Forums Getting Started An Introduction and a Few Questions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Christopher May 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

happyconcafe
    Participant

Hi All,

My name is Emerson and I live in Flagstaff, AZ. I’ve been somewhat obsessed with learning about mushrooms over the past few months. It all started this summer when I went mushroom hunting with a friend and we found bags of lobster mushrooms.

I’m particularly interested in starting mushroom logs with blue oysters, lions Maine, trametes versicolor, and reishi.

Has anyone here worked with mushroom logs?
    If so, how did it go?
    Any tips or advice for trying this in flagstaff?

I feel that it might be good to start them around mid-February.

Anyway, I’m really happy this forum exists and I hope it takes off!

Kind Regards,
    Hcc

• #1842 Reply

Christopher May
    Keymaster

Thanks for checking in, Emerson. We’re glad you are here. I share your obsession and have only been into it for a couple of years myself.

I think it will take off. It will always be an eccentric niche hobby and I don’t expect to get rich or famous from running this blog, but I hope that everyone in Arizona who likes to talk about these things will gravitate here. I expect things to be slow until morel season in the spring and then when the summer monsoons kick up again. There is also a Facebook forum connected to this page that you might like to join.

I have no experience with cultivation. Temperature and humidity factors make mushroom growing challenging in Arizona, but Flagstaff is one of the best places you could possibly be.

Have you looked at the information available from Fungi Perfecti? The owner, Paul Stamets, is the most famous fungal cultivation expert in the country.

Reply To: An Introduction and a Few Questions
Your information:

five + one =

Comments are closed.